Skip to main content
Translation of user posts ? Started by D.M. · · Read 4217 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. previous topic - next topic

Translation of user posts ?

Hello there community ! I was wondering if there is some way of integrating a translator addon/plugin for user posts, topic names/boards ? Something like TranslatePress plugin for wordpress or something similar that would use already known translations for future posts ? Or is there a possibility to code something similar ? Maybe a google translate integration ?

Re: Translation of user posts ?

Reply #1

I'm not familiar with TranslatePress ... Does it automatically apply google translate for you?

Reply #2

Not actually automatic but it allows manual translation of strings for future translation reference, since the regular Google translate plugin requires payment I am looking for options to avoid un-necessary spending, just used TranslatePress for my website as a reference but if there is any other known solution feel free to recommend something for ElkArte :)

Reply #3

Just enter the page link in google translate and then click in your preferred translation. It should open the page fully translated for free.

Reply #4

Quote from: ahrasis – Just enter the page link in google translate and then click in your preferred translation. It should open the page fully translated for free.

Oh I did not know about this ! This is amazing ! How come nobody coded something like this for the frontend though ? Thanks Aphrasis, I will be sure to notify my members about this feature !

Reply #5

You could use Google Translate API for auto-translating posts, but it might need custom coding. No easy plug-and-play like TranslatePress though.

Reply #6

Yep, I agree with Janonati. You’d just need a bit of coding to hook it up, but it's doable.