Skip to main content
Topic: Visible Post-Based Member Group Titles  (Read 2568 times) previous topic - next topic

Visible Post-Based Member Group Titles

How do I make the title of my users' post-based member groups appear underneath their avatars?

I have been looking through the settings but perhaps I haven't looked hard enough, lol. Right now, only staff titles appear underneath the avatars.

Re: Visible Post-Based Member Group Titles

Reply #1

I am not so sure if there such an option for that by default. But for manual modification, check display and generic templates.

Reply #2

Ah, good, then I am not blind at least. :)

If anyone has a suggestion for code to enable this, it would be most welcome. As previously stated, I am too much of a layman and I have no faith in my own abilities, asking a colleague of mine to fix things.

Reply #3

If the group is assigned as "primary", then it should be there.
If the member groups is assigned as secondary, then it is not and you'd may need http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1637.0
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Thanks for the help! :)

Reply #5

The problem was that I could not assign post-based member groups as primary. They were not even listed as secondary on the Account Settings Page.

Reply #6

Ahhh. sorry, misread the request, I thought you wanted to show the member groups, never mind.

The file is themes/default/GenericMessages.template.php
The post-based group is rendered by:
Code: [Select]
		// Show the post group if and only if they have no other group or the option is on, and they are in a post group.
if ((empty($settings['hide_post_group']) || $message['member']['group'] == '') && $message['member']['post_group'] != '')
$poster_div .= '
<li class="listlevel2 postgroup">' . $message['member']['post_group'] . '</li>';
that you can move more or less where the normal member groups are (search for "membergroup"). And change listlevel2 to listlevel1.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Ah, just to be clear, I do not replace anything with that code, only adding it to the file?

Reply #8

More moving around (pick from where it is now and put where it should go) and then replace what I the string I suggested. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.