Skip to main content
Topic: Don't show user group name when using icons (Read 2434 times) previous topic - next topic

Don't show user group name when using icons

As you can see here, I use some small coloured icons for the user groups of my board. My question is, is there a way to hide the user group name under these icons?

Second question: When a user is a board moderator, the normal member group icon is shown instead of the board mod icon in boards where he is board mod. Oh my, does anyone understand what I mean?  :D  Here's an example. The user hungryeinstein is board mod in this board, but the board mod icon is not shown, just the one for normal users. I think when the user has a special position in this board the icon for this group should be shown. Hm, maybe this is more of a support question?

Re: Don't show user group name when using icons

Reply #1

I missed that, sorry! :-[

1) In GenericMessages.template.php, the lines are:
Code: [Select]
		// Show the member's primary group (like 'Administrator') if they have one.
if (!empty($message['member']['group']))
$poster_div .= '
<li class="listlevel1 membergroup">' . $message['member']['group'] . '</li>';
removing them will hide the name.

2) As you can see here, the local moderator badge is shown, because this is the usual behaviour. Your example, though, is a "global moderator", this and administrator are the only two exceptions to the rule and are two groups that have precedence over "local moderator".
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

For 2: Bad example. hungryeinstein is now global mod and no longer board mod. I changed his status this weekend, sorry.

The topic is not solved.

Reply #3

Which one is not solved? ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Hm... You are right. It seems it is working on my forum too.  :-[

Is it possible only the user hungryeinstein had the problem when he was only board mod? Don't know... Sorry.

Reply #5

Dunno, seems strange that only one user has the problem.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Strange things are happening in my forum. Sometimes likes are shown double in the list and then they unexpectedly disappear.  :o

Reply #7

ElkArte supernatural thingy?