Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Google Member Map (Read 20823 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] Google Member Map

Reply #15

Thanks!  :)

Btw: Whats the point of the legend? It seems there are no different pins described?

Oh, and the text of these two strings is not shown when clicking on the little help icon on the permission settings page:

permissionhelp_googleMap_place
permissionhelp_googleMap_view

Reply #16

Quote from: Jorin – Installed the addon right now, but I am having three small problems:
With my code, I'd call that a victory !
Quote from: Jorin – 1. $txt['googleMap_ButtonLocation'] is in language file but not in the settings.
No longer used.  You used to be able to locate the button in different menu locations but now it just places it in community
Quote from: Jorin – 2. The text from $txt['googleMap_DefaultZoom_Info'] is not shown when clicking on the question mark in the settings.
Where did you get the file from, the link in this thread or the addon site?  It works fine for me but I may have an old version in one of those download locations.
Quote from: Jorin – 3. Why are there scroll lines? Because of my avatar?
Yes.  You will have to tweak the css to a size you like.  There are some oddities with how those infobox's are generated with the map API.
Quote from: Jorin – Btw: Whats the point of the legend? It seems there are no different pins described?
I think it will only be useful when you are using gender pins
Quote from: Jorin – Oh, and the text of these two strings is not shown when clicking on the little help icon on the permission settings page:

permissionhelp_googleMap_place
permissionhelp_googleMap_view
Thats a bug, I'll push a fix for that today

Reply #17

I used the download link in the first post:

https://bitbucket.org/spuds_/elk_membermap

Do you know which CSS file I have to edit to change the infobox in size? I tried some values in GoogleMap.css, but it didn't work. I think maybe .gmm_poster should be the right point, but there are no size values.  :o

And what is the difference between large 3D pan/zoom control, small 3D zoom control and best fit for viewport? I can't see any difference at my tests.  :-X

Reply #18

I updated the package file to fix a couple of the issues your reported:

1) missing text in the permissions help
2) who's online action hook was missing
3) tried to clean up the infobox avatar sizing code / css

So give that new package a try and see if it fixes the issues you were seeing.

The css for the popup box is a bit of a fight as the map API adds div's with inline styles to the base markup, so you kind of have to let it do its thing, can only fight it so much.  The update I just did seems to allow those boxes to behave better now.

Did not look at the zoom controls .. I think those will change based on the viewport size, but its could be that Google simply removed the option at some point, they really like to do things like that :P

Reply #19

Thank you very much! Can I use the link above and then simply overwrite the files on the server?

Reply #20

Since I added a hook, you need to uninstall and reinstall ... so uninstall, download the new package and install again.

Reply #21

Quote from: Spuds – 1) missing text in the permissions help
2) who's online action hook was missing
3) tried to clean up the infobox avatar sizing code / css

Thanks for the fix!  :)

1) and 3) are fixed. I can confirm that. Because of 2)... I saw yesterday that one of my users was listed at "looking at the KML export" (I use the german language so I don't know exactly what it's called right now) but these option is disabled in my board. Did you mean this?

Edit: I often saw this in the online list. Maybe this is when users edit their profile to set the pin in the map?

Reply #22

Another small optical bug...

Reply #23

Thanks, tracked it ... looks like you are not using the legend so I'm going to guess I have a small layout issue in that area.

Reply #24

No legend and no "last edited or new entries are bold", right.

Reply #27

Looks like only the cluster icons are showing up in IE11 ... I'll have a look and see whats needed to fix this.

Reply #28

Well the issue is ie11 blocks access to http://chart.apis.google.com/chart for some reason ... So we need to change all occurrences of that to http://chart.googleapis.com/chart

That involves editing two files ... GoogleMap.controller.php (in Controllers) and GoogleMap.template.php (in themes/default) ... do a search on 'apis.google' and replace it with 'googleapis'

I'll update the package later today as well

Reply #29

Thanks!  :)