Skip to main content
Topic: And another "small" thing (Read 4768 times) previous topic - next topic

And another "small" thing

https://github.com/emanuele45/Dialogo/commit/25b86362acb2a24a5f3ee0edcf912dd6efbeffaf

Of course it's just a first approximation... O:-)

ETA: and I'd like to have the same applied to the "attachments and other options" below the post area.

ETA2: the current implementation is just the result of few minutes coding, so it's a bit borked (including some styles applied for sake of quick editing in sources).
Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:17:46 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: And another "small" thing

Reply #1

What does it do?
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

Okay, worked a bit again on that. Something simple should be enough for most of the cases: removed the function call and abandoned the idea of allow callbacks and other things. Just a plain simple loop.

The idea is to have another sort of spot where people can place things without edit the template (yeah I know you don't think it is so important, but I think it is and I propose changes to make life easier to the majority of people :P).

The idea is that if a mod wants to add something there, the easiest way it to add it to an array and then the template simply loop through the array and displays all the fields.

The same for the "attachments and other options": if you want to add a checkbox there at the moment you have to edit the template, but it's useless: easier to loop through an array and output the necessary elements (in fact it easier for the themer too :P).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Ok. Why didn't you say so? :P

Sounds like a good idea.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #4

My brain is limited I can't elaborate many things at a time (and the other day I posted two topics one close to the other)... O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Tracked https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/227
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.