Skip to main content
Topic: Calendar on the board index (Read 2325 times) previous topic - next topic

Calendar on the board index

Is there some way to enable this that I'm missing? >_>

Re: Calendar on the board index

Reply #1

It should be a select pulldown under the calendar settings in the ACP ... for Birthdays, Holidays, and Events you have the option to Show them on the calendar, board index, or both.

Reply #2

Have you seen YaBB board ? They have  small calender at the info area.

Reply #3

@Spuds they don't seem to do anything, at least in development.

Reply #4

...never mind. brain fart event happening.  :-[

Reply #5

Not in front of 1.1 right now ... I don't think anything shows up unless there are current or soon events (bday, holiday, event) but I'm not sure about that.

Reply #6

Had this issue trying to get one of the stock options to show - but it simply refuses to display on the board index, even when I set my birthday to tomorrow.

A bit difficult to parse what's actually going on, too.

Reply #7

emanuele smells bug here. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Looked like that to me too, but it's hard to be sure with the way some of the code works >_>

Reply #9

Let's say it's different. :P
For that particular bug, for example, we know that:
1) it's calendar, so it's not "core", since I tried to decouple several things from the "core" to using addons-like features (hooks, modules, etc.) and the calendar it's one of them,
2) it's in the board index, so it "could" be a module (because modules work in conjunction with controllers).
From that you go to sources/modules/calendar and you find a CalendarBoardIndexModule.class.php, so you have the confirmation that the calendar code interacting directly with the board index is all there in one place.
The easiest problem with modules is that it's not properly turned on (i.e. something is broken in the loading of the file), so you try enable/disable and debugging if the file is included.
I verified the file was included, so far so goo.

From here on it's "common" debugging, this particular case was rather easy, there is just one function and I verified if it was getting the data, I didn't thought at first the problem could be in the cache, so I went to debug the query, but seeing the query was not even run, I realized it was a problem in cache_quick_get not running the function, so there it was.

From my point of view (that is the one of the person that developed the system, so absolutely biased) debug is not so different, you just have to know where the code is. That is one of the few things that changed in the process. ;)

ETA: xref https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/2414 <= it has bug fix.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.