Skip to main content
Topic: SimplePortal - Width of left and right side blocks  (Read 1379 times) previous topic - next topic

SimplePortal - Width of left and right side blocks

It is difficult O:-)  to descripe for me, but I want to try and tell you this:

The portal configuration of SimplePortal in the adminpanel allows you to choose between pixel and percent by setting the width for the left and right portalblocks.

If you have percent for the width of the wrapper in forum (which is much better than a width in pixel with ElkArte) you should use percent for the width of the portal blocks as well.

Because if you use percent for the wrapper and pixel for the portal blocks, the blocks in the center of portal will get very big on higher resolutions. This is looking ugly, and it also looks very different in different devices.

Before I had about 213px for the width of the left and right blocks - something like 22% in the admin panel was not working proper. I think, there is something wrong with the portal. The blocks in the center become always much too small, if the blocksetting is somehow in percent.

Now I added this to the portal.css

Code: [Select]
#sp_left, #sp_right{
width: 22%;
}

...and I leave those two fields for the width of the blocks on the sides completely empty in the admin panel. The portal is now looking much better that way.