Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155600 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #495

I don't have an answer just yet, article attachments certainly was updated/extended in this version.

Is this occurring when you try to save your edit or does the edit page not even appear?

If the edit page is showing up, does it show the existing attachments or is that area blank?

Reply #496

Quote from: Spuds – I don't have an answer just yet, article attachments certainly was updated/extended in this version.

Is this occurring when you try to save your edit or does the edit page not even appear?

If the edit page is showing up, does it show the existing attachments or is that area blank?

Hey Spuds! The edit page loads. The attachments load in the editor as well. Everything is fine until the Save.

For what it's worth, don't rush to fix it. I made manual edits in the database to accomplish the immediate goal. Enjoy your weekend! Come to this at your leisure. ;)

Reply #497

Could you attach your PortalAdmin.subs.php file, I just want to make sure we are on the same file level or If I packaged it up wrong.  I really don't see how its throwing that notice.

Also when you go to save the edit, its not saving?  If no,  could you check your server error log for additional info.  The reason I ask is  that error is simply a notice (which should not be showing) but its just a notice which would not stop execution at that point.

Reply #498

Here's the PortalAdmin.subs.php file from one of the installs. Correct, edits fail to save the information delta. Nothing shows in the server error logs???

Reply #499

Well on a positive note, it does show I made an edit in that area post RC2 and thats why my local install will not show the error.  What you have, in case you were not aware, has a bug !  Sorry about that, guess I lost track about that change with all the other things I've been updating!

Change 
Code: [Select]
		// They may have chosen to [attach] to an existing image
$currentAttachments = sportal_get_articles_attachments($article_info['id']);
foreach ($currentAttachments[$article_info['id']] as $attachment)
{
// Replace ila attach tags with the new valid attachment id and [spattach] tag
$article_info['body'] = preg_replace('~\[attach(.*?)\]' . $attachment['id_attach'] . '\[\/attach\]~', '[spattach$1]' . $attachment['id_attach'] . '[/spattach]', $article_info['body']);
}

To:
		// They may have chosen to [attach] to an existing image
$currentAttachments = sportal_get_articles_attachments($article_info['id']);
if (!empty($currentAttachments[$article_info['id']]))
{
foreach ($currentAttachments[$article_info['id']] as $attachment)
{
// Replace ila attach tags with the new valid attachment id and [spattach] tag
$article_info['body'] = preg_replace('~\[attach(.*?)\]' . $attachment['id_attach'] . '\[\/attach\]~', '[spattach$1]' . $attachment['id_attach'] . '[/spattach]', $article_info['body']);
}
}

Reply #500

On second thought, let me repackage what I currently have in case I made more changes that I don't remember ! ... Be back in a bit!

Looking at the change log on github, looks like I made a couple of last min fixes, including the one @badmonkey reported.  So here is what is currently in the repo.  Sorry about this!

ETA removed attachment, get the current release https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/releases
Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 10:42:01 am by Spuds

Reply #501

Thanks Spuds! You da man! Treat yourself to a cold one, you've earned it!

Reply #502

Quote from: Spuds – Looking at the change log on github, looks like I made a couple of last min fixes, including the one @badmonkey reported.
I just test it and I confirm it solves the problem, I had the same error reported by @badmonkey‍ 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #503

There appears to be a bug in SimplePortal's draggable sections. Once a section is dragged out of a sidebar, it can't be dragged back into the sidebar. The change persists permanently.

Edit: Disregard this, I only just noticed that there have been not one, but two releases since 1.0.0 RC1.
Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:04:06 pm by kode54

Reply #504

That issue could still be there, but there is a "reset" blocks function (small icon along with the collapse right / left) that will allow a user to put things back to normal should the blocks gets messed up.

Reply #505

Apparently, a user is having trouble making the reset blocks button appear at all. They had to log out and back in just to make the sidebar collapse button appear, but the reset blocks button won't appear.

Reply #506

Quote from: kode54 – Apparently, a user is having trouble making the reset blocks button appear at all. They had to log out and back in just to make the sidebar collapse button appear, but the reset blocks button won't appear.

Ahhh... so now we know who broke the internet...  ;D

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #507

Quote from: Steeley –
Quote from: kode54 – Apparently, a user is having trouble making the reset blocks button appear at all. They had to log out and back in just to make the sidebar collapse button appear, but the reset blocks button won't appear.

Ahhh... so now we know who broke the internet...  ;D

Facebook?

Reply #508

Just to note the icon will not be visible if they have not changed the block arrangement from the default.

Other than that, the icon is and SVG icon and is defined in portal.css, so make sure that you have the latest loading, or at least have the
.icon.reset::before 
definition in there and they flush their cache.

If its still not there, I can only think that somehow the system is not detecting they moved the blocks around, so they could try moving yet another one (and do a page refresh, the icon is not ajax ATM).  The command is protected by the session id, so if needed we could put in a temp work around so they can just follow a reset link w/o the needed for the session id

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal new french translation

Reply #509

Hi,
I tried SimplePortal and there are a lot of translations were missing  : so the new files for the french translation are here.
.php files are not autorised now here ?

EDIT : i made a change, see the next post for the files https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1399.msg43071#msg43071
Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:11:11 pm by augras