Skip to main content
Topic: Maillist Template Preview adjustments (Read 2455 times) previous topic - next topic

Maillist Template Preview adjustments

Having thoroughly annoyed everyone with two previous threads this evening...I will make one last thread and run for the hills.  Been tinkering in the Maillist section for a few days now. Thought the display box for previewing the template looked a little bland.

Add this to where ever in admin.css. I put it about line 77 as I recall.

Code: [Select]
/* adds some flair to the email bounce template preview - Pastel */
#preview_section #template_preview.post {
    border: 2px solid #e4e4da;
    color: #3333ff;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 6px 12px;
}

Of course, one can make the text any colour they want, I just picked blue as a test.  This will provide a themer a option to style that box to their needs.

Nothing has been found broken yet on my localhost or server site. If you do find something icky, please let me know.  :)

Thanks

Re: Maillist Template Preview adjustments

Reply #1

Yes, bad typography in that corner. It really needs some padding, which ideally should be done as a common class rather than as a specific custom declaration just for that box. Same for borders and text colours. It should already be taken care of.

The margin declaration appears to be superfluous. Also, there shouldn't be any need to use two ID's in descendant form. Just using the last one should be sufficient.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

Quote from: Antechinus – Yes, bad typography in that corner. It really needs some padding, which ideally should be done as a common class rather than as a specific custom declaration just for that box. Same for borders and text colours. It should already be taken care of.

The margin declaration appears to be superfluous. Also, there shouldn't be any need to use two ID's in descendant form. Just using the last one should be sufficient.
I agree with all of that.  :)   I did the descendant ( as I recall ) to keep the template.post from being picked up and used unintentionally somewhere else. The margin, well that was just a catch all thing, like you said, it really is not needed.

Your mention of 'it should already be taken care of' ... are you saying this is already in the 1.0 dev? 

Thanks for your comments, it is appreciated. 

Reply #3

No, what I meant was that it's an oversight. Someone forgot to assign a standard class that would deal with it. These things happen. Ergo bug reports.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #4

probably just class="post" should be class="content" .. just a guess

Reply #5

Yep ... that tis correct. It is class = post. I tried 'content' and it does work quite well.
It did not dawn on me to try the 'content' class initially. <<head-slap>>

thanks  :)