Skip to main content
Topic: Small issues with mobile layout in Beta 2 (Read 4380 times) previous topic - next topic

Small issues with mobile layout in Beta 2

1. With empty boards the vertical lines aren't in a row (see first screenshot).
2. The logo isn't centered (see second screenshot).

Re: Small issues with mobile layout in Beta 2

Reply #1

the first one is a bit more complex, the second one should be easy to fix..
I'll check.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

First one should be easy. What's complex about it? (serious question, not sarc).
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #3

Hey @Antechinus!!

Nice to see you around from time to time! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Quote from: Antechinus – First one should be easy. What's complex about it? (serious question, not sarc).
the width for the rows (max-width property mainly) can cause unwanted effects while resizing the window, primarily with older Browsers (IE8/IE9).
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #5

Just looking at the screenshot in the OP, my impression is that it's more likely to be a minimum width problem. It looks as if the upper "cell" is being pushed out by its content (you can see the left padding next to the content) while the lower cell, lacking content, doesn't have anything to push the padding to the left, so it collapses to a smaller size. The dfference in width appears to be exactly the same as the left padding on the upper "cell".

Are IE8 and IE9 at all relevant for mobile layouts? I would have thought they could be ignored.

Reply #6

Quote from: Antechinus – Just looking at the screenshot in the OP, my impression is that it's more likely to be a minimum width problem. It looks as if the upper "cell" is being pushed out by its content (you can see the left padding next to the content) while the lower cell, lacking content, doesn't have anything to push the padding to the left, so it collapses to a smaller size. The dfference in width appears to be exactly the same as the left padding on the upper "cell".

Are IE8 and IE9 at all relevant for mobile layouts? I would have thought they could be ignored.
yep, meant min-width, not max .. sorry for the confusion.
IE8 & 9 aren't available on mobile devices (IIRC) but since we still support them resizing the Window should work on them, too.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #7

K. Well my 2c is that I wouldn't worry about them, since it's unlikely anyone will be using the smallest window size on desktop. IE8 is legacy anyway and some minor bugs probably have to be tolerated (and XP must be near to EOL now).

Reply #9

Just found out that XP is being EOL'd at the end of next month, which means IE8 is basically irrelevant, or will be by the time Elk is stable. I'd just totally ignore IE8, and would probably throw out any code specifically related to IE8.

Reply #10

Quote from: TE – 2) is related to your custom theme. Show logo left and no forumtitle isn't part of the default theme options.

:o

I use this:

QuoteOnly logo: only the logo is displayed, in a centered position

And this is part of the default theme options.  ;)

Reply #11

mhh, ok.. thought you have modified the index file / css of your Theme because your logo isn't centered at all, I'll re-check...
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #12

I've only changed color codes.  ;)

Reply #13

Yup, that option is my fault... :-[

Let me know if I have to fight with it on your behalf! :D (I can break it! :P)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

It's fixed in the repo, (tested with your logo and my local repo copy). I know I fixed some days ago (found it on the hybrid-piloten import) but I can't find the related commit ;)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------