Skip to main content
Mark as read on index Started by Burke Knight · · Read 2577 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. previous topic - next topic

Mark as read on index

It would appear that the "MARK ALL MESSAGES AS READ" button on the index is not marking read.
Noticed this a couple times before here on the site, but today tried it 4 times, clicked OK, then even hard refreshed my browser, and they still show as "New".

Not sure if this has been noticed by anyone else or not, but figured I'd post about it, for @Spuds to check into.

This is just on the ElkArte site, since it's running the Dev of 2.0.

Note: After making this post, when went to index, they finally showed as read, so not sure what happened.

Re: Mark as read on index

Reply #1

Thanks .. I'll make a note to check, could be the cache is not getting cleared or "something"

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – Thanks .. I'll make a note to check, could be the cache is not getting cleared or "something"

That was my guess too... either the cache, or something else..    :undecided:

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #3

The "MARK ALL MESSAGES AS READ" button on the ElkArte forum's index page didn't initially work, likely due to a temporary glitch or delay. It eventually worked after you posted and refreshed. Since the site runs a development version of ElkArte 2.0, this might be a known issue. Reporting it will help the developers, particularly @Spuds, investigate further.

Reply #4

I've had the same issue a few times too, and it seems hit or miss. Sometimes the button works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it's just a quirk with the Dev version.