Skip to main content
Topic: Bad behavior should allow to receive data from forms on forum domain (Read 2632 times) previous topic - next topic

Bad behavior should allow to receive data from forms on forum domain

Recently I had issue with login form located on homepage (created with SimplePortal, I think that page with SSI form would also have this problem).

Homepage is on example.com. Community is on forum.example.com
I was having problem with logging in from form on example.com, but then I remembered, that Bad Behavior has setting to allow or disallow posting data from offsite forms (Allow Offsite Forms).

When option is enabled logging in from form located on example.com is working, and this is something that I would consider as 'bug' (but I wasn't sure, so it's posted here).

Bad behavior should allow to receive data from forms located on forum domain.

Re: Bad behavior should allow to receive data from forms on forum domain

Reply #1

Why that one slipped through?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

You mean enabled by default?

Reply #3

Okay, probably I misread the problem. lol

It looks almost like the ElkArte default "Use subdomain independent cookies" and "Main domain used for subdomain independent cookies".
Maybe it is possible to let BB take these options from Elk and adapt to the settings? (I'm not sure what I'm talking about because I never touched BB code... :-[)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Can probably do something .. has to be checked in the  bb2_read_settings of the plugin (we can't really mess with the BB code directly)

maybe ?
Code: [Select]
		'offsite_forms' => !empty($modSettings['badbehavior_offsite_forms']),
to
Code: [Select]
		'offsite_forms' => !empty($modSettings['badbehavior_offsite_forms']) || !empty($modSettings['globalCookies']),

Reply #5

Was this added?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Had not been ... I'll add it to a PR that I'm making with some other minor adjustments

Reply #7

:D O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Looking at this a bit more, I don't think we should adjust it in this way. 

What we need to do is add some "allowed" offsite names, like in this case forum ... BB accounts only for www in the Referer header.  So a new field in the BB admin area of allowed referer's if you don't allow offsite forms.  So this will have to wait for 1.1, I'll add an issue so its tracked.

Still have the PR coming  O:-)