Skip to main content
Topic: Deleting Personal Message Conversation Randomly Fails (Read 2061 times) previous topic - next topic

Deleting Personal Message Conversation Randomly Fails

So I use the conversation view of the personal message system and have noticed that clicking "Delete Conversation" often does nothing at all.  Or sometimes it deletes just the last message in the conversation.

I just clicked delete conversation and then ok on a series of messages about 10 times until it finally deleted them.  Not sure if this is a caching issue or actually not deleting.  No idea what makes it work sometimes and fail others.  Not the most helpful of error reports I grant you.  But could someone else at least see if works consistently for them.  (This is RC2.)

Re: Deleting Personal Message Conversation Randomly Fails

Reply #1

I will try this later in my test forum.

Reply #2

Random question: any error in the log related to the action?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

"Delete Conversation"  is always working perfekt in my forum, without any errors.

Reply #4

No errors in the logs.  No error message was displayed during the event.  It just took me back to the list of conversations.  Clicking the box next to a conversation and saying deleted selected didn't work either.

Reply #5

Okay I had time to dig this out.

In /sources/subs/PersonalMessage.subs.php:
Code: (find) [Select]
			'pm_heads' => array_keys($pm_heads),
Code: (replace with) [Select]
			'pm_heads' => $pm_heads,
I'm going to commit the change, in the meantime if you @scripple could you try this and confirm it works it would be very useful! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Made the change and tried deleting a few conversations and they all deleted successfully.  Including one that failed before making the change.  So yes looks good.