Skip to main content
Topic: Profile / Avatar issues (Read 2398 times) previous topic - next topic

Profile / Avatar issues

Using todays downloaded .zip file. When choosing an avatar from the gallery the drop down box is not auto sizing. It has been set to a height of 26px in the index.css file, line 178 for the "input, button, select".  Removing the height fixes the display but may break something somewhere else.

Also, the Gravatar is not functioning properly. Clicking Gravatar only shows a default Gravatar. No options to select/download a Gravatar are made available.

Re: Profile / Avatar issues

Reply #1

Ah thanks, I'm the guilty party on the selects, and yes removing that height on them will cause cross browser/OS alignment issues.  Fixing the select boxes is a tradeoff, personally I liked my previous solution since it had less overrides/browser specifc tweaks, but it was also more template markup.

Anyway I need to do a scan and find all selects that have a size attribute and for those do an override like in this case:
Code: [Select]
select#cat  {
height: auto;
}
and just add to that selector the rest.

ETA: only found 3 instances of a select with size, will try a few more inventive regex before I commit:

Also I don't think there is anything to input with Gravatar, its tied to the email address in your profile.
Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 01:27:46 pm by Spuds

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds –
Also I don't think there is anything to input with Gravatar, its tied to the email address in your profile.

That would be the setting.  :)  Since the user email is automatically gleaned from their account there would be no need
for a manual entry.  

Reply #3

emanuele wonders if @Spuds did... :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

The selects with size thing I did make a commit on ... Honestly we need to rethink those beasts (the selects in general) at some point again they are a really a PITA (they look and size differently on doz, mac and nix now), may just consider doing basic css and then size them properly with JS.