spitballing, so I guess... Features:
- a board, "SITE Comments"
- optimally topic pages are auto-generated upon SITE page creation
- replies are syndicated to SITE pages as comments
- SITE shares forum login for commenting
- WYSIWYG also available on SITE pages - so post via forum or SITE page
- inject new comment in SITE page, no reload
- Site comments, duh
- You have 100% control and ownership of your SITE comments (rather than DISQUS or fb or whomever)
- Easily moderate comments on potentially thousands of SITE pages
- DRY violation? Nah, you can use semantic markup (linked-data (https://schema.org/sameAs), i.e. RDFa) to define the relationship between the two instances of (the same) content
- asReviews API, only difference would be the semantic markup
- less related, but a shareSearch API
hmm... the main problem I see with that is it assumes you actually have a website with pages, but Elk by default doesn't have "pages", so you cannot have a website and it would be a dangling feature that you cannot actually use without either having a website or a portal.