Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON][beta] Topic Prefix (Read 11648 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON][beta] Topic Prefix

Reply #60
Yep, I confirm that the version you just posted solves my problem 8)

But the problem I mentioned at post n° 50 is still present. To explain it better you can see it in my live forum.
Go to skodaclub.it/index.php?board=12.0
as you can see there are less than 30 topics
if on that board you select first prefix called "motore" (link skodaclub.it/index.php?action=prefix;sa=prefixedtopics;id=1;board=12 ) you will see that there are only 2 topics with that prefix, but there are also 7 pages available. If you click on page 2 (link skodaclub.it/index.php?action=prefix;sa=prefixedtopics;id=1.%1$d;start=15 ) you will see a list of topics with the same prefix called "motore" but from other boards.
X
I don't know if this is intended or not, I hope not  ::)

=== edit ===
I think I found another one, If I have a topic with a prefix, and I edit the first post choosing "no prefix" and save, I still see the old prefix applied.
On the same topic if I try to change the prefix editing the first post I get an error "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: new_prefix". In elkarte log I see:
Type of error: Critical
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: new_prefix
Function: runQuery
File: /sources/subs/TopicPrefixTcCRUD.class.php
Line: 84

IIRC this was working on the previous version, but I'm not 100% sure.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #61
I see that .... humm .... Well thats a bit of a bugger.  Clearly a glutton for punishment so try this.
Squish squish. squish, squish, squish.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #62
=== edit ===
I think I found another one, If I have a topic with a prefix, and I edit the first post choosing "no prefix" and save, I still see the old prefix applied.
Just did this on my local and the prefix was removed as expected :(
On the same topic if I try to change the prefix editing the first post I get an error "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: new_prefix". In elkarte log I see:
Type of error: Critical
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: new_prefix
Function: runQuery
File: /sources/subs/TopicPrefixTcCRUD.class.php
Line: 84

IIRC this was working on the previous version, but I'm not 100% sure.
That error I also see  :'(
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #63
It's getting better with every update, I confirm that the problem with page numbers and topics from other boards is now solved. 8)

For the other error I am almost sure it worked on the previous version. Thanks again for your help.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #64
It's getting better with every update, I confirm that the problem with page numbers and topics from other boards is now solved. 8)

For the other error I am almost sure it worked on the previous version. Thanks again for your help.
I almost think I'm spinning my wheels LOL, glad you think its getting better.  Here is a version that should fix the removing / editing of prefixes from the post page.

ETA: Updates Below
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #65
I confirm, changing or removing the prefix from first post edit is working fine now. 8)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #66
Spuds, don't hate me, but I found another one ::)
To replicate it:
- go to skodaclub.it/index.php?board=19.0
- choose the first prefix called "motore"
- you will see 3 pages of results and that should be correct
- click on page 2, you will get a page without topics, and the total pages are now 8 (8 pages of results are probably all topics from all boards with that prefix)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #67
And once more .... I did find a couple of additional issues that were certainly causing pagination issues .... could be more though !
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #68
I thought you forgot about this :D  I confirm that the last bug is gone now, thanks again for your help.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #69
I thought you forgot about this :D  I confirm that the last bug is gone now, thanks again for your help.
Nah .. I just had to look away for a short while :D
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #70
What do you think about adding the prefix in topic view (index.php?topic=x) near to the title and also on the list of unread posts and replies?
sorry for my bad english