Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON][WIP] In Line Attachments (Read 33722 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON][WIP] In Line Attachments

Reply #105

Are you using Elk 1.1 and the default theme?  Just wanted to check first since this addon is not required in 1.1 (its build in)

Reply #106

Quote from: Spuds – Are you using Elk 1.1 and the default theme?  Just wanted to check first since this addon is not required in 1.1 (its build in)

Sorry, guess I was too short in my description (and probably also in the wrong place). I have tried the add-on, it didn't seem to do anything, and then after I found this old thread I uninstalled it.

Bottom line, now I am on v1.1.6, and use the Default Theme .. and on the list of attachments the only button that shows is the "delete" button.

Reply #107

If you are on 1.1.6 you don't need this add-on, just uninstall it if you have it installed.
To use inline attachments in elkarte 1.1 you need to go to: Admin -> Forum -> Attachments and Avatars -> Attachments settings and enable the option Enable the display of in line attachments
sorry for my bad english

Reply #108

Quote from: radu81 – If you are on 1.1.6 you don't need this add-on, just uninstall it if you have it installed.
To use inline attachments in elkarte 1.1 you need to go to: Admin -> Forum -> Attachments and Avatars -> Attachments settings and enable the option Enable the display of in line attachments

Yes, I did that .. my problem is how to get to the link. In one of the earlier posts a screen shot is shown where there are options next to an attachment:

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 11.54.34 AM.png

.. and I don't have this button, not to speak of it's options. The only button visible is the delete button.

Reply #109

that's strange, if you are using 1.1.6 with that option enabled you should see that button.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #110

Quote from: radu81 – that's strange, if you are using 1.1.6 with that option enabled you should see that button.

ohhh wait ... I just wanted to see if another theme would show different results. I switched the layout, and the button was there! Then switched again, back to the default theme .. and the button is still there!

Not sure what happened here. Could it be that my tests with the obsolete plugin confused some of the theme styles or layout?

Either way, the problem seems to be gone. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Reply #111

Quote from: JPalmer –
Quote from: radu81 – that's strange, if you are using 1.1.6 with that option enabled you should see that button.

ohhh wait ... I just wanted to see if another theme would show different results. I switched the layout, and the button was there! Then switched again, back to the default theme .. and the button is still there!

Not sure what happened here. Could it be that my tests with the obsolete plugin confused some of the theme styles or layout?

Either way, the problem seems to be gone. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Miracle solved, I think .. I'm using an ad/popup blocker, and as it stands it prevents the button from being displayed. Whitelisting my forum domain helped.

As a tip to others .. before you chase weird effects make sure to try with ad blockers disabled!

Reply #112

Good to know, thanks for sharing ;)
sorry for my bad english