Skip to main content
Topic: Dark variant of default theme (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic

Dark variant of default theme

I am thinking to create a dark variant of the default style used in Elkarte. I am not sure which one, but probably I'll go fo BeSocial variant. I think the best way should be to copy the actual variant and use a custom.css file. I am wondering which is the best/quicker way to do this? Using the browser inspector and adding changes to custom.css or there is better way to start? Thank you.
sorry for my bad english

Re: Dark variant of default theme

Reply #1
I can't think of any other better way either except running your forum on a localhost might help you to achieve that a little faster.

And actually, if create new variants from admin panel[1]become a feature, we do not have to manually copy the actual variant.
This was previously discussed in here: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2225.0

Reply #2
Thanks for the info @ahrasis‍ I thought copying a variant was possible with one click from ACP. I'll try and let you know how it works.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3
It's not possible to simply copy, because the variants are defined in index.template.php, so you have at least to edit it in order to add the name of the new variant...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4
I already covered adding the new variant to index.template.php in the packed addon. It should work when new variant is created. It also should cover version 1.1. Do report if it doesn't work or caused error(s) in any way.