Skip to main content
Topic: [1.0.10] Possible post session timeout with Android Chrome? (Read 2514 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.0.10] Possible post session timeout with Android Chrome?

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,115263.html

This one's weird, it only seems to affect this user if they're using the mobile style sheet. Maybe some prefetch loading the session or something? Unfortunately, I don't have any Android phones any longer, as my first and last one blew its airbag, so to speak.

Re: [1.0.10] Possible post session timeout with Android Chrome?

Reply #1

hmm.... I feel like it's a problem with some random cookie left around for some reason.
Can your user try to delete the cookies from the android chrome and see if he can post again?
Even log in out/in may work...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Follow up, on that topic. He can't even register on either forum, ours or yours, using his mobile phone, unless he forces the browser to display the "desktop" page.

Reply #3

hmm.... it seems to be just this one user...
I just registered to your website from my mobile (albeit an old android, probably 5.something and chrome 63) and posted a couple of things, but it seems to work fine...

The difference between the mobile and the desktop version is all responsibility of chrome, for the software nothing changes, it's just different places of the same style sheet. :-\
Is there any other user on the website that has this problem?
Ask him to try to change the theme (BTW you have a problem with the logo on silence, it remains too wide and makes the usable area of the forum half of the available, at least on my phone).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I think his mobile ISP is forcing precaching of retrievable links, which includes sessions.

Reply #5

That could be the case, a bit strange the desktop/mobile thing, though.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Mobile Login/Logout works without any Problem ..on Android Phone/Tablet with any Browser I have .. Chrome, Opera, Edge (phone only)
Many are stubborn in relation to the path, a few in relation to the target.
Visit our new Forum Project on https://www.portamx.com