Skip to main content
Topic: I finally did it: CSS3 standards-compliant bouncing parrots BBC! (Read 83 times) previous topic - next topic

I finally did it: CSS3 standards-compliant bouncing parrots BBC!

So far it's just for SMF 2.0, being my first experiment with hooks. I assume porting it to Elk 1.1. will be a piece of cake, but won't get around to it today.

emanuele hopes Antechinus will make the bouncing parrots BBCode configurable (i.e. speed, bouncing rate, width, height, etc.) so that he can put a bunch in his signature bouncing all over the places! :D

ETA:
 emanuele should stop using the /me bbcode because he is starting using it in RL too! :o
Re configurable: at the moment it has a CSS file, so you will be able to edit that to mess with the transitions, etc. If anyone wants to make a super configurable version with $1, etc all over the place, they can go for it. Personally I think that might be a bit much. :D
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Re: I finally did it: CSS3 standards-compliant bouncing parrots BBC!

Reply #1
Ay up! So I made an Elk add-on. Got it to install without errors, after only blowing up my test site once. Pretty good for a first go at it. ;D

It's meant to just make a new tag, with no editor button (for the sake of sanity). Only catch is that although it installs without errors, it doesn't make anything bounce. It just gives this in the error log:

Code: [Select]
    antechinus
    Today at 06:42:53 PM

QGMwxJnemBDUpgOOFKcAMohjh6mDlscP
    Type of error: Undefined
    Notice: Undefined offset: 1

http://127.0.0.1/Elk_11x/index.php?topic=1.new

File: B:/VertrigoServ/www/Elk_11x/sources/subs/BBC/Codes.php
    Line: 995

Not sure where I went wrong. Yes, the tag is enabled in Admin > BBC, so it's not the obvious. Can someone take a look at the package when they get a chance?

Reply #2
:D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3
Ahem. 'Tis all very well people giving likes and smileys, but it doesn't work yet, and I would appreciate any tips on what is wrong with the code.
Obviously the CSS works, but something (probably minor) is borked with the sources and/or XML stuffz.