ElkArte Site issues?
Has anyone else been having issues trying to get to the site here?
Last few days, I keep getting stuck loading, and then get a blank page saying that I'm offline when I'm clearly not.
Re: ElkArte Site issues?
Reply #1 –
Saw that just once, I'd say its the PWA causing some problem. You can remove that and see if it helps, how to do that depends on your browser. For chrome try chrome://apps as the url and then remove the Elkarte one.
Re: ElkArte Site issues?
Reply #3 –
Are you seeing this page: https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?action=offline or the generic Sorry, you are offline. Please check your connection. text.
Either is from elkServiceWorker.js which handles the onsite/browser notifications and the PWA. I'll have to dig into what may be occurring. I've only seen the issue once so I'm guessing.
Re: ElkArte Site issues?
Reply #4 –
Generic, blank page, small text at top left.
Re: ElkArte Site issues?
Reply #5 –
Hummm ... not sure then. If it was the service worker it would say/do one of the two responses I posted.
Digging around a bit I did see one error on the service worker that I've fixed, and one opportunity for improved flow when both PWA and Push were enabled. I've made those changes here on the site, so lets see!
Re: ElkArte Site issues?
Reply #7 –
So is it still a iBraveBox or does the updated stack allow it to do something else? (I know off topic)
Re: ElkArte Site issues?
Reply #9 –
More than what I could do.
I lost my good PC due to storm, so had to fall back to my Asus all-in-one.
Ditched Windows 10 and running Kubuntu now.
Getting used to linux is rough, but in a way, fun....LOL
Re: ElkArte Site issues?
Reply #10 –
Not really, because I think you could always do much more, when you put your heart and mind on it.