Skip to main content ↑ ↓
Slow Page Load time Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail · · Read 610 times 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Slow Page Load time

Reply #30 –

I'm using ext-redis not predis/predis indicating that for clarity. 

The server is level 6.2.24 and my dev setup had no UID and a PASS of redis.   On a successful connection it should say something like: / Connected servers: redis in the admin panel.  If it fails to connect it will say Connected servers: No results found.

Just for fun I set a bogus UID to see what would happen and got a fatal error while trying to connect, so that is not good.  Looking into that now.

ETA: Attached is a new Redis.php file that will not fail on a bad connection.  It goes in ...\sources\ElkArte\Cache\CacheMethod
Last Edit: October 06, 2026, 05:06:21 pm by Spuds

Re: Slow Page Load time

Reply #31 –

Replaced the old Redis.php with the new one but seemed like having no effect. Nothing is shown on the admin side. Note that memcache menu is till on whether memcache or memcached or redis is selected, of which I think its default behaviour must be hidden when either of the other two is selected. For now I am still maintaining ACPU as the option since it is the second best after redis.

Re: Slow Page Load time

Reply #32 –

I generally still use APCu as well.

I think what you are seeing in the Admin panel is, when you use a cache engine that requires a connection such as Redis, Memcached, Memcache, they store that value in cache_servers in your Settings.php file.  The system does not save the server names for each cache engine (as only one can be used at a time), so it reuses the variable name.   This is not the cleanest setup, but its what we have.

When you swap engines you need to set the server name and save to validate it actually connects.  On a typical server these are likely the same e.g. localhost and ElkArte will try the standard ports for the engine you choose.


Re: Slow Page Load time

Reply #33 –

Not related to the specific issue, but I took some time and ran through the cache code / usage and found a few areas where performance could be improved.  Changes made and this site updated with them.  https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/3892