Re: PhpSessionId & Cookies
Reply #1 –
What about sites that use like a CMS that also logs cookies, as top then the forum as sub?
ElkArte here has everything logged into the same, but some sites have 2 different, one for main site and one for the forum.
I think it should be where it's easily set to how the admin wants it, whether the main domain, or subdomain.
If using just a directory, instead of sub-domain, then make it cover the whole domain, perhaps?
Re: PhpSessionId & Cookies
Reply #3 –
So basically I should not have chosen subdomain cookies there, and there is no necessities to fix forum domain there after. That seems to work great except the fact that phpsessionid is correct when that parts are left out, but when checked and filled, it becomes tld again, which it should not right? As the right one would be phpsessionid must always is the fqdn set for the forum, right?
Re: PhpSessionId & Cookies
Reply #5 –
Planning to use default for security even when using multi tenancy (multi domain addon) since each domain shall be using their own phpsessionid and cookies, but I am not so sure how to hook to cookies name yet, but intend not to create cookies name for each, but automatically use their fqdn as cookies name, easy to recognized, or is it not safe that way, as I noticed elkarte have reassigning the name with different end numbers each time?