Re: Lag loading css?

Reply #15

@TE any idea? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

no, sorry.. No idea what's wrong.. maybe temporary load issues with the host / datacenter?

QuotePage created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #17

Yeah, it was ok, but now again

Reply #18

Yap!

Page created in 6.712 seconds with 24 queries.

Page created in 18.678 seconds with 12 queries.

Reply #19

Yeah, generalized slow-loading here as well now:
Page created in 10.201 seconds with 18 queries.
Page created in 20.064 seconds with 23 queries. (posting a message)
Page created in 5.054 seconds with 24 queries.

Intermixed with stuff like the normal behaviour:
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.

Seems to be somehow consistent (when it happens) in the php code after the query:
Code: [Select]
         SELECT permission, add_deny
         FROM {db_prefix}_board_permissions
         WHERE (id_group IN (2, 8)
            )
            AND id_profile = 5

Administrators are not affected because the query is not run for them.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #20

Enable the MySQL slow query log

Reply #21

I said "in the php code after". ;)
The queries are all fine, it's the block of code between the two queries (or at least it was, now seems to be running fine).
This is the detail of the debug I was looking at:
Code: [Select]

SELECT permission, add_deny
         FROM elkarte_permissions
         WHERE id_group IN (2, 8)

in .../sources/Load.php line 737, which took 0.00011396 seconds at 0.00559998 into request.

SELECT variable, value, id_member, id_theme
         FROM elkarte_themes
         WHERE id_member = 2
            AND id_theme = 1
   in .../sources/Load.php line 1259, which took 0.00018001 seconds at 5.01269984 into request.
See?
The two queries were running smooth, but the "time into request" suddenly dropped from microseconds to 5 seconds.
That means some php code was wasting a lot of cycles.
The first query is run in loadPermissions, while the second is in loadTheme.The only things done between the two is banPermissions and loadBadBehavior.
Now, banPermissions doesn't seem to do anything that can result is 5 seconds of processing.
While loadBadBehavior should not be loaded for moderators, and in theory I am a moderator, so either the problem is not in badBehaviour or there may be still some case where moderators are not recognized as such. In any case I'm not a BB expert so I don't know if the code could end up into some odd scenario producing such result.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

Any other Processes on the machine that might wast resources ? That would look the same.  php is getting slow be course other processes take to much time.

Reply #23

Only thing I can think of on BB is the HTTP::BL list .. not sure if a slow response to that service could slow things ... not sure when it calls that either. 

Reply #24

It's reproducible by clearing the cache via admin interface....

Edit: Everytime I clear the cache (even if it's completely disabled) creating the pages takes up to 3-4 seconds for a non used action.. (e.g. board index, message index, pm ...)
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 12:39:34 am by TE
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #25

For one where there is no $_GET['action'] set?

Reply #26

css combined causing it?

btw I have no lag @ loads.
But I also run a semi odd browser setup. no cache, and a ton of other stuff.

Reply #27

Quote from: TE – Edit: Everytime I clear the cache (even if it's completely disabled) creating the pages takes up to 3-4 seconds for a non used action.. (e.g. board index, message index, pm ...)
That one is likely the creation of the minified js/css if it is only "the first time". But the one that was happening a yesterday was consistent on any page (even with some reloads), not only on the first one of a type.
Spuds' idea HTTP::BL could be, a random slowdown on an unrelated service is quite an easy way of finding an difficult-to-debug issue, though the odd thing is that BB should not be run for moderators, and I am a moderator and I was experiencing the slowdowns... unless there is again a bug in recognizing moderators...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

Quote from: emanuele – ...unless there is again a bug in recognizing moderators...

Mission accomplished!  :D

No, just kiddin'. You all do an amazing job here! Thanks a lot to all working with the code, the themes and the community!  :)

Reply #29

Well, it was buggy already, so find that the fix was not perfect wouldn't surprise me. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.