Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155730 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #570

Cool, glad that worked for you :D

Reply #571

Quote from: Vague Whiner –
But then thought to take a look into addons of ElkArte and came by SP, but didn't quite make it from the documentation or talks about the addon (whether SMF or ElkArte) if it's possible to assign permissions to specific users to write blogs? Also it would be nice to have them as separated blogs. So that if user want to browse one writers blog posts those would be found from the one page and other writers blog posts from the another. Then collect the newest entries to blog index page, 10-15 newest posts from all blogs.

Is this kind of thing easy to do with SP addon?

And now that I have learned there is a thing called Tiny Portal I was wondering would it be suitable for this kind of thing? If anyone knows please let me know :)
Stop Whining!

Reply #572

TinyPortal has more control for articles etc but currently has less features than SimplePortal on ElkArte.

You can allow users to create articles in TinyPortal but not publish them without admin permission. I don’t know if SimplePortal offers that. You can also have articles which show a category of articles, which could all be associated with one user. It’s not built as a blogging platform, but could be used as one. Same as I’m sure SimplePortal could.

My advice is try both and use the one you’re most comfortable with. Simple Portal is a lot easier to master, Tiny Portal has more control but is more complex due to all its configuration options.

Reply #573

Quote from: tino – TinyPortal has more control for articles etc but currently has less features than SimplePortal on ElkArte.

I'm not looking more features ... only this blog-type of thing where some users could post and newest topics would be listed and so on.

Quote from: tino – You can allow users to create articles in TinyPortal but not publish them without admin permission.

So you mean these users have to have admin permissions in order to post articles they wrote? That's no problem.

Quote from: tino – I don’t know if SimplePortal offers that. You can also have articles which show a category of articles, which could all be associated with one user. It’s not built as a blogging platform, but could be used as one. Same as I’m sure SimplePortal could.

Sure I know it's no blogging platform, but as I said earlier it would be nice to have all the things planned within ElkArte and not use several different thingies. And there wouldn't be loads of posts anyway, just every now and then someone might write article about something.

Quote from: tino – My advice is try both and use the one you’re most comfortable with. Simple Portal is a lot easier to master, Tiny Portal has more control but is more complex due to all its configuration options.

Well, seems that Tiny Portal is something we could make this kind of "blogging" thing happen then, which is wonderful news. I'll get back to you once our servers and such are done by a friend and EA installed over there etc. I'm not the one who does these things :)
Stop Whining!

Reply #574

Quote from: Vague Whiner – I'm not looking more features ... only this blog-type of thing where some users could post and newest topics would be listed and so on.
You must give TP a try.  Sounds like it meets all of your needs, plus its overall pretty slick :D

Reply #575

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: Vague Whiner – I'm not looking more features ... only this blog-type of thing where some users could post and newest topics would be listed and so on.
You must give TP a try.  Sounds like it meets all of your needs, plus its overall pretty slick :D

Sounds like it, once we get that far with the forums!
Stop Whining!

Reply #576

@Spuds

Getting a lot of errors with sources/admin/PortalAdminPages.controller.php
Line: 391
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Looked up that line and see this:

Code: [Select]
$context['post_box_class'] = $context['article']['type'] !== 'bbc' ? 'sceditor-container' : 'sp-sceditor-container';

Reply #577

@Spuds

Is there a way to make a block visible on posting page for only certain boards?
The way it is now, I have a block with some info that's for posting page, but it shows when posting in all boards.
I'd like to find a way to display it only when posting on certain boards.

Reply #578

I am not Spuds,  :wink: but I think, I know this:

profile portal2.jpg

Go to "profiles" in SimplePortal and create a new profile for "visibility" there.
I named this profile "only show in this boards" for this example:

profile portal.jpg

If you click on "Select Boards" there, you will see all boards on your forum.
Then you can select the boards, which shall display this block later.
Create the profile then.

While you are creating a new block then or editing an already existing block, select this profile "only show in this boards".
It will be there in the block settings on the scroll down menue next to "visibility:".

Never tried it yet - but it should work.

Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 08:20:08 pm by Ruth

Reply #579

That'll only show on the boards, in the topic list, not on the posting page for those boards. Had already tried it.

Good thinking though.  :smiley:

Need to find a way to have a visibility profile that is set for the posting page for only selected boards.

Reply #580

Quote from: Burke_Knight – @Spuds

Getting a lot of errors with sources/admin/PortalAdminPages.controller.php
Line: 391
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Looked up that line and see this:

$context['post_box_class'] = $context['article']['type'] !== 'bbc' ? 'sceditor-container' : 'sp-sceditor-container';
Sorry I missed this post

Looking at my current code I'm thinking that was fixed at some point.   Try changing the line to read
$context['post_box_class'] = $context['SPortal']['page']['type'] !== 'bbc' ? 'sceditor-container' : 'sp-sceditor-container';  Basically change 'article' to 'page' 

Just checked and this was fixed in 1.0.1, you must be running 1.0.0 (and I'm working on a 1.0.2 to fix an issue with MySql so that will be this week:pray:

Reply #581

Quote from: Burke_Knight – Is there a way to make a block visible on posting page for only certain boards?
Probably the only way would be with a custom PHP block.  You could check the board id in the PHP code and its its valid, then show the block.

Reply #582

Using PHP 8.x I am getting errors in Elkarte log
file: sources/admin/ManageSPortalModule.controller.php
line 752
$fix = str_replace('{version}', SPORTAL_VERSION, '<a href="https://simpleportal.net/" target="_blank" class="new_win">SimplePortal {version} &copy; 2008-' . strftime('%Y') . '</a>');
sorry for my bad english

Reply #583

That is something I have fixed in SP 1.0.2 .... But (if you are using 1.1.9) you can change that line to

$fix = str_replace('{version}', SPORTAL_VERSION, '<a href="https://github.com/SimplePortal" target="_blank" class="new_win">SimplePortal {version} &copy; 2008-' . Util::strftime('%Y', time()) . '</a>');

Reply #584

Thanks Spuds, no more errors in my log
sorry for my bad english