Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Colored Names (Read 8556 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] Colored Names

Reply #15

Quote from: emanuele – Hi Dadda and welcome. :)

It would be useful to know exactly what error gives you, usually there something more than just the line and the file, like a more or less detailed description or the error.

well. it says:
Type of error: General
8: Array to string conversion

there's anywhere in the root where i should check for logs?

Reply #16

That's about enough for the moment, at least to put up a workaround.
In the ... file, change:
Code: [Select]
	public static function cleanQuote($msg)
{
return preg_replace('~\[quote(.*?)author=<span [^\]]*?>([^\/]*?)</span>~i', '[quote$1author=$2',  $msg);
}
to:
{
if (is_array($msg))
return $msg;

return preg_replace('~\[quote(.*?)author=<span [^\]]*?>([^\/]*?)</span>~i', '[quote$1author=$2',  $msg);
}
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

Quote from: emanuele – That's about enough for the moment, at least to put up a workaround.
In the ... file, change:
{
}
to:
{
if (is_array($msg))
return $msg;

}

nope. it returns a fatal error. cannot see the member's list anymore. I put it back as it was and cleared the log. I'll see what happens, if the errors re-occurs.
I'm new to Elkarte,  if I need to uninstall the colored name plugin, should I take care of anything in particular or could I just do a straight uninstall?

Reply #18

Quote from: Dadda – nope. it returns a fatal error. cannot see the member's list anymore.
Really odd.
I did a quick test and I wasn't able to reproduce this specific error (even though I noticed few mistakes I'll fix in the weekend), but I'd need some more info to being able to pinpoint the issue, like the specific action you were doing when the errors appeared in the log (in the error log there is an URL of "where" the error occurred, this would be very helpful, you don't have to post the domain if you don't, but at least all anything after index.php).
Also more details on the fatal error (i.e. the exact wording) would help. ;)

Quote from: Dadda – nope. it returns a fatal error. cannot see the member's list anymore. I put it back as it was and cleared the log. I'll see what happens, if the errors re-occurs.
Likely to happen again, errors do not fix for themselves... unfortunately. :(

Quote from: Dadda – I'm new to Elkarte,  if I need to uninstall the colored name plugin, should I take care of anything in particular or could I just do a straight uninstall?
From the package manager click uninstall, that will take care of reverting everything.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: Dadda – nope. it returns a fatal error. cannot see the member's list anymore.
Really odd.
I did a quick test and I wasn't able to reproduce this specific error (even though I noticed few mistakes I'll fix in the weekend), but I'd need some more info to being able to pinpoint the issue, like the specific action you were doing when the errors appeared in the log (in the error log there is an URL of "where" the error occurred, this would be very helpful, you don't have to post the domain if you don't, but at least all anything after index.php).
Also more details on the fatal error (i.e. the exact wording) would help. ;)

Quote from: Dadda – nope. it returns a fatal error. cannot see the member's list anymore. I put it back as it was and cleared the log. I'll see what happens, if the errors re-occurs.
Likely to happen again, errors do not fix for themselves... unfortunately. :(

Quote from: Dadda – I'm new to Elkarte,  if I need to uninstall the colored name plugin, should I take care of anything in particular or could I just do a straight uninstall?
From the package manager click uninstall, that will take care of reverting everything.

thanks Emanuele,

I ended up unistalling the plugin at the end.

thanks anyway.

ColoredNames Error [SOLVED]

Reply #20

I'm sorry, my english is weak.
I founded ElkArte forum on the local server. I was trying modification. ColoredNames is found to modification error...

seen in the pictures that errors are present.
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

Error Solution:
/sources/subs/Likes.subs.php in

Orginal Line; 65 of 74
Find
			m.real_name
FROM {db_prefix}message_likes AS l
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS m ON (m.id_member = l.id_member)
WHERE id_msg IN ({array_int:id_messages})',
array(
'id_messages' => $messages,
)
);
while ($row = $db->fetch_assoc($request))
$likes[$row['id_msg']]['member'][$row['id_member']] = $row['real_name'];

Change;
			m.member_name
FROM {db_prefix}message_likes AS l
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS m ON (m.id_member = l.id_member)
WHERE id_msg IN ({array_int:id_messages})',
array(
'id_messages' => $messages,
)
);
while ($row = $db->fetch_assoc($request))
$likes[$row['id_msg']]['member'][$row['id_member']] = $row['member_name'];

Re: ColoredNames Error [SOLVED]

Reply #21

Hi PALAUDIS and welcome to elk.net. :)

Thanks for the report, I'll try to find a way to fix it without having to modify the file, not today and probably not tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll merge this topic with the one of the addon at:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1583.0
thanks again. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

First I have a bug, I installed the mod and everything seemed to go as plan, then I edited the colors of my account but now this appears under thread titles:
QuoteStarted by The Staff Team" class="preview">The Staff Team
I'm not quite sure what I did wrong.

A second question would be, there was a mod like this but with not as many wonderful additions on an SMF site I used to help manage, but you could select different colors in your name, so:

Genesis, could be a rainbow gradient if you but the colors in the right order.

Is something like that possible with this addon? Or would it be more trouble then its wroth?

Thank you in advanced.

Reply #23

I have to put my hands again on that mod... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.