Skip to main content
Topic: Member list on mobile has odd artifacts every other row (Read 6098 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Member list on mobile has odd artifacts every other row

Reply #15

Quote from: Antechinus – I still think the headers that split the list into letter categories need something extra. They aren't really just another row. They're dividers between section of content. You could drop an h3 into the li for those, and style that.
Yep, absolutely and I'll switch from span to div, it's more consistent with BoardIndex and MessageIndex. Thanks for the hint  :)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #16

The letters separator was my doing. O:-)

Remember: if you find something broken is usually my fault, but I'll always blame Norv. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

ok, the initial bug report will be fixed with PR1465
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/1465
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #18

I was looking at the mlist in "mobile" mode, what do you think about hiding the email and keep for example... position or website?
email is usually (hopefully) an empty field, so it is not very helpful. Website may be more likely to have an entry, but probably the "position" is the more helpful for "the community" and not being a link it gives some space to safely scroll the list with the touch.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

yep, that's what I wanted to do.. but unfortunately the problem is more complex.

email is (if available -> it's for admins only) the second child of that list..  for others the second child is website.
Thus the usage of child selectors, e.g. n+3 would give different results for admins vs. non-admins..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #20

Ohhh... mmm... then it may need some class?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #21

Yup. If you want to hide things selectively, give them all a class. Child selectors end up being a PITA and more trouble than they're worth once things get past the simple stage. Classes are ideal for this sort of thing.

Not sure how custom fields would be handled though. That could be tricky (unless you give them all the same "custom" class and hide the lot).
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #22

See if that makes sense:
https://github.com/emanuele45/Dialogo/commit/59e10ff835f5977a5710876a5ac65c8b345517be

Hides:
email and date_registered at the first step
website at the second
* posts at the third

ETA: forgot to add, @TE what do you think about removing the left and right borders of the mlist table in Be Social!? They have some small problem connecting with the rounded header.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

yep, no objections removing the borders .. changes looking good :+1:
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------