Skip to main content
Topic: Nasty little Registration / XML error (Read 1851 times) previous topic - next topic

Nasty little Registration / XML error

OK .... I think it is nasty, others may not.  :)

This occurs on a live site and on a local host. Browser is FF 28.0.  Browser had been cleaned of cookies. Below is the error followed by the steps I took to create the error. I would have attached a .png but the FF Screengrab! would not function after the error.

The error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<elk>

<username valid="1">Iwantin Here</username>

</elk>

The steps to produce the error:

Go to Registration screen and accept the terms.
At the username screen enter the user ID of:  Iwantin Here
At the email screen enter the email address:  aa@aa.com
Click on register ( non-sticky balloon appears indicating missing fields, don't enter anything )
Click on register again. ( ignore warnings and anything else )
Go to the upper left corner and click on the Login button.  ( do not enter any userid/pw )
Enter a non valid user name in the upper left corner login box for user name
Do not enter a password
Click on the login for the upper left corner.
Now enter a valid user name and password in the upper left corner login area.
Click on login.
Error is now produced.

I do know that at one time I was able to force a login on my admin account.  :o   Maybe that was coincidence.

Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:35:16 pm by AaronB

Re: Nasty little Registration / XML error

Reply #1

This is related to that one:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1169.0

For the moment we can use a workaround, in Subs.php:
Code: (find) [Select]
if (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], 'action=dlattach') === false && strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], 'action=viewadminfile') === false)
Code: (replace with) [Select]
if (strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], 'action=dlattach') === false && strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], 'action=viewadminfile') === false && strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'], ';xml') === false)
In 1.1 it may be worth create a function to validate this kind of situations.

It may not work in all the situations (for example when coming from SSI or some custom coded page...).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Maybe in 1.1 actions should set a flag to say set this to oldurl, or at least have the option to say don't set it, rather than just having a big function that has to guess how every action (including those in mods) is going to format urls that you can't go back to.

Reply #3

That's a possibility too.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.