Skip to main content
Topic: iOS 10 not showing editor buttons (Read 22014 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: iOS 10 not showing editor buttons

Reply #60

Thank you, txcas, for helping me out so much!  :)

Reply #61

For me, don't waste time, I don't have any apple device to test the issue, that's why I'm here asking you to do the tests... :(

What is driving me nuts is that the code resembles this:
Code: [Select]
				$editor_data['message'] = $("#message").data("sceditor");
$editor_container['message'] = $(".sceditor-container");
$editor_data['message'].css('code {white-space: pre;}').createPermanentDropDown();
So, the only explanation I can give is that the "data" call (on line 1 here) fails to return a proper object for some reason... which one? I have no idea.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #62

@Spuds do you by chance have a non-minified version of the 1.0.9 editor? (Or tell me which one I can pick and attach here.)
Maybe it's something there the issue.
If txcas can try and replace the file shipped with elk with a custom non-minified one we can exclude another source.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #63

This should be the file ....

Reply #64

Quote from: Spuds – One other question,

Do you have the full editor enabled in the quick reply area (check your user profile) ... if so do you get the same error on this page (the one with the Quick Reply at the bottom) as you do on the "Reply" page ?  
I did not have the full editor enabled on Quick Reply.  I enabled it and I do get the same error on the page.

Reply #66

Can you disable the js and css minification?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #67

I disabled compressed output.  I got the same errors.

Reply #68

The error is still referring to hives, so it's still either compressing the output or using an older, cached, version of the page...

At that point a test account may be worth.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #69

Quote from: emanuele – The error is still referring to hives, so it's still either compressing the output or using an older, cached, version of the page...

At that point a test account may be worth.
Check your PMs, I created an admin account for you.

Reply #70

From the tests I did at txcas site, I can say the code is broken for any browser I was able to test when minification is on. Turning off minification fixes the issue (at least here on linux, no idea on iOS 10).

Now, why that?
No idea.
What I've observed is that for some reason, an uncompressed version of sceditor is present in the hive that I got, with some notes:
Code: [Select]
// ==ClosureCompiler==
// @output_file_name jquery.sceditor.min.js
// @compilation_level SIMPLE_OPTIMIZATIONS
// ==/ClosureCompiler==

/*jshint smarttabs: true, scripturl: true, jquery: true, devel:true, eqnull:true, curly: false */
/*global Range: true, browser*/

But, AFAIK, it's been a while since we have added the unminified version of the editor, so I'm not sure where it comes from.
First thing I would suggest is to remove via ftp (or cli) all the files starting with "hive" present in the cache directory.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #71

We provided that unminimized version of the editor for testing (named .min), so even when it was added to the hive it was not compacted but added as is.

Reply #72

Right. xD
 emanuele is a bit up in the air... lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #73

This gets better...  Minification of JS and CSS is disabled on the site.  Minification of JS, CSS, and HTML is disabled on CloudFlare.  The editor is still broken for Safari or Chrome on iOS 10.  The editor is now broken on Chrome for Windows 10 as well, this was working before the changes.  The editor is still working fine on Edge and Internet Explorer on Windows 10.

ETA: Re-enabling minification of JS and CSS on the site fixes the editor on Chrome for Windows 10.  The uncompressed editor provided by Spuds made no difference.
Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 10:47:28 am by txcas

Reply #74

At the moment here works on Chrome and win10, maybe it's just a matter of an hard refresh to cleanup the rather persistent chrome cache.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.