Bug in registration script when password strength is above lowest setting March 02, 2014, 05:00:16 pm When I have the password strength setting at medium I get a javascript error as follows at the second registration screen.TypeError: this.verificationFields.i is undefined$boardurl/themes/default/scripts/register.js?10beta2Line 165I see this in firefox with Firebug.
Re: Bug in registration script when password strength is above lowest setting Reply #1 – March 02, 2014, 05:13:00 pm emanuele blames... Norv. In register.js:Code: (find) [Copy]if (this.verificationFields.i[4] === 'reserved' && this.verificationFields.i[1].value && curPass.indexOf(this.verificationFields.i[1].value) !== -1)Code: ("replace with") [Copy]if (this.verificationFields.[i][4] === 'reserved' && this.verificationFields.[i][1].value && curPass.indexOf(this.verificationFields.[i][1].value) !== -1)
Re: Bug in registration script when password strength is above lowest setting Reply #2 – March 02, 2014, 05:25:41 pm Still errors (two now), perhaps you meant this?Quote from: emanuele – March 02, 2014, 05:13:00 pm emanuele blames... Norv. In register.js:Code: (find) [Copy]if (this.verificationFields.i[4] === 'reserved' && this.verificationFields.i[1].value && curPass.indexOf(this.verificationFields.i[1].value) !== -1)Code: ("replace with") [Copy]if (this.verificationFields[i][4] === 'reserved' && this.verificationFields[i][1].value && curPass.indexOf(this.verificationFields[i][1].value) !== -1)
Re: Bug in registration script when password strength is above lowest setting Reply #3 – March 03, 2014, 02:09:03 pm No, the "me blames Norv" is just a joke that I use from time to time, just kidding. On the error, it's odd, it seemed to fix it here. I'll do some more test.Yes, you are right...I tested it correctly, then I undo the changes to make the post here and applied again the "fix" in the wrong way... Sorry, you are right!
Re: Bug in registration script when password strength is above lowest setting Reply #4 – March 03, 2014, 02:13:08 pm Pushed again:https://github.com/emanuele45/Dialogo/commit/69ddb70d34195eba51fcbb145b6174ff29bff46f
Re: Bug in registration script when password strength is above lowest setting Reply #5 – March 03, 2014, 03:58:26 pm I actually did the same thing here: https://github.com/Spuds/Elkarte/commit/e0d87c1680878e38e0494b09cd7eb6ebade01071 and thats been merged (I hope its the same thing, did it when I was fixing the reserved names issue)
Re: Bug in registration script when password strength is above lowest setting Reply #6 – March 03, 2014, 04:15:39 pm Ops... Will revert and push -f emanuele should pull the repo more frequently (and rebase the branches).