Skip to main content
Topic: Multi Tenancy Addon (Read 3665 times) previous topic - next topic

Multi Tenancy Addon

Addon Package
The addon will now be known as Multitenancy Addon.

CSS Hive File
Improvement to css by moving it back from cache directory to theme's css directory so that it will work cross domain together with ssl combination, if any.

If I can remember correctly, the reason for moving this css hive file is due to the url/path inside it, that is breaking the css if you are using MESFA.

Since this is moved, if you are using Zend Opcache, other than cache directory, you may want opcache to exclude default theme css folder as well, as css hive file is now back to that folder.

Rewrite
I will try to rewrite and improve this addon with a fully hook version and I will update the OP from time to time, if there is any improvement.

I hope this addon will be useful.  ;D

Live Test Sites
https://sahabat.ahrasis.com, https://x-skda.sch.my, https://x-mans.sch.my, https://elkarte.sch.my etc... //on a personal private home server, so they may be down sometimes.

Re: [WIP] Subforums Addon

Reply #1
I don't know the mod, but looks interesting. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Multi Tenancy Addon

Reply #2
Yes. It is interesting as subforums addon allows any subdomain(s) (including domain) to act as if it is a forum on its own. User just need to point them to the same directory. Category or categories can be shared and assigned to any of these subforums. Currently I only have two more files to find and replace (manual mod). Progress is as per picture attached. When this is working, may be a rewrite to fully hook will be made.

Reply #3
I converted all the files for this Sub Forums Addon but I can't get it installed. Everytime I try to install the installation page when blank. I can still go back to package browser and other admin / user pages just fine.

What could be wrong?

I attached the packaged file here so that somebody/anybody can help me with it.

Note: I merely converted it for the time being. Any fixing or transform it to a fully hook version will come later.

[Edited: Package removed for further correction.]

Reply #4
Couple of minor things you need to do.

1) Go through the .xml file and update things like
include_once(SOURCEDIR .'/SubForums/Subforums-DB.php'); since you are installing the files in addons so that needs to be include_once(SOURCEDIR .'/addons/SubForums/Subforums-DB.php'); 
Do as needed for other includes or things will go bad.

2) The dbinstall.php file ...
- First I think you need to move $db=database(); to after SSI.php is included (generally at the top is fine like you have it but if someone trys to do a standalone install it will not work, well at least I don't think so). 
- You also need some table specific functions which are not in database() but in db_table();  That may seem confusing but those functions are rarely used so they are on their own. 
I'd them after the // Load the ELK DB Functions comment.
Code: [Select]
// Load the ELK DB Functions
$db = database();
$dbtbl = db_table();
- Lastly update a few of the calls, the first two are in db (database class) but prefixed with "db_", the last two are in the db_table class so use $dbtbl.
- $db-list_table needs to be $db->db_list_table
- $db->table_structure needs to be  $db->db_table_structure
- $db->drop_table needs to be $dbtbl->db_drop_table
- $db->create_table needs to be $dbtbl->db_create_table

That should at least install, then the debugging begins :)
Squish squish. squish, squish, squish.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #5
I just got time to look into this further. I manage to put things into a working condition with no error.

$db->table_structure needs to be  $db->db_table_structure
I am currently using $dbtbl->db_table_structure instead. This seems working correctly. Otherwise, I would face problem in re-installation process.

However, I can't figure out why the url is not pointing to the right place. I have testing sites running on the following:
elk1.ahrasis.com
elk2.ahrasis.com
qom.ahrasis.com
main.ahrasis.com (main site)

All links for each subforum are supposed to point to their own url and not to the main site.

I think something is not working here:
// define the url's
$base_boardurl = $boardurl;
$parts = parse_url($boardurl);
$boardurl = $parts['scheme'] .'://'. $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] .(!empty($parts['port']) ? ':'. $parts['port'] : '') . (!empty($parts['path']) ? $parts['path'] : '');
$board_language = $language;

// load the setting
SubForums_LoadSettings();

I attached the latest test package. Hopefully, somebody would come to the rescue and help fix this main part.

Edited: Wrong package. Removed and added the correct one.

Reply #6
Well, in that code the domain name of $boardurl is defined by $_SERVER['server_name']. Couldit be a server configuration problem?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7
Negative. It is tested in the same server that run subforums mod for SMF, but I will try it on another server. Something in the code may be missing or need replacement. I will have to go through them again one by one.

Reply #8
Well, in that code the domain name of $boardurl is defined by $_SERVER['server_name']. Couldit be a server configuration problem?

I changed that to $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] with no luck as well. Could it be something in ElkArte? How do I "force" ElkArte to respect the browser current url via other means?

Reply #9
For the time being I modified the $boardurl in Settings.php by replacing current $boardurl with this one:
$boardurl = 'http://'. $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] .(!empty($parts['port']) ? ':'. $parts['port'] : '') . (!empty($parts['path']) ? $parts['path'] : '');

The url is now working as expected but not as it is supposed to (it should do more but I will to see to that later).

Reply #10
After several testing, I find out that the parse_url is not working at all. It could be ElkArte built-in code that prevented or overrode this. $parts['scheme'], $parts['host'], $parts['port'], $parts['path'] though parse_url is applied to $boardurl via $parts = parse_url($boardurl);.

How do I make it works? Hacking Settings.php is only my temporary solution. Any help to overcome this problem is very much appreciated.

Reply #11
Can you point me where exactly the code is? (File and line number for example. ;))
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12
Subforums.php, line 14-41.

if (!defined('ELK'))
die('Hacking attempt...');

/**
* Init..
**/
global $SubforumFunc, $base_boardurl, $boardurl, $board_language, $language;

// define the url's
$base_boardurl = $boardurl;
$parts = parse_url($boardurl);
$boardurl = $parts['scheme'] .'://'. $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] .(!empty($parts['port']) ? ':'. $parts['port'] : '') . (!empty($parts['path']) ? $parts['path'] : '');
$board_language = $language;

// load the setting
SubForums_LoadSettings();

// setup function array
$SubforumFunc = array(
'isAllowed' => 'Subforums_isAllowed',
'LoadTheme' => 'Subforums_LoadTheme',
'getContext' => 'Subforums_GetContext',
'getScripturl' => 'Subforums_GetScripturl',
'getMemberurl' => 'Subforums_GetMemberurl',
'isOwnurl' => 'Subforums_isOwnurl',
'checkurl' => 'Subforums_checkurl',
'updateStats' => 'Subforums_updStats',
);

Since parse_url here is not working for unknown-to-me reason, I have to do the above mentioned hack. But now I temporarily changed QueryString.php instead of Setting.php to include $boardurl = 'http://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] just before $scripturl = $boardurl . '/index.php'.

Latest package is attached.

Reply #13
Just to make sure that I tested it right, I put the following codes inside index.template.php and the return is invalid input.

echo isset($parts['host']) ? $parts['host'] : 'Invalid input<br />';
echo isset($parts['scheme']) ? $parts['scheme'] : 'Invalid input<br />';

It should return with the url and the http if it is working, right?

Reply #14
This addon is upgraded to beta and rename as MESFA - Multi ElkArte Sub Forum Addon.