Skip to main content
Topic: 1.1 at transifex (Read 1970 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

1.1 at transifex

The repo is up:
https://www.transifex.com/elkarte/elkarte-11/dashboard/
I put the files from master in auto-update, I also changed the auto-update for the 1.0 repo pointing it to the 1.0.10 tag.
Left for sure there are two things:
1) re-upload all the 1.0 translations to the 1.1 repo so that it starts with something,
2) update the script on the server to show the 1.1 files instead of the 1.0.

I'm not sure if 1 can be automated.
And 2 I'm not sure where the files are... O:-)

That's it @TE
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #1
I can attach the old german language files here if you need them for the upload (point 1).

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #2
Is it different from the ones distributed from http://translations.elkarte.net/ ?
If so, then please yes! :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.


Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #4
1) re-upload all the 1.0 translations to the 1.1 repo so that it starts with something,
2) update the script on the server to show the 1.1 files instead of the 1.0.
IIRC 1) should be automatic as long as the translation memory (transifex organisation settings) is the same for both projects (was not). I put the  1.1 project in the "global" group. Hopefully the translations will auto share between the projetcts now.. It may take some time, maybe we'll see the first result tomorrow..

2) I'll wait for 1) beeing ready.. I have currently no clue if those files were updated via cron or whatever . :D I believe I set up a transifex client but I have to check that ...

Edit: yes, the files will be updated via cron (all config files inside the elklang account).
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #5
Cool!
Easier than expected then. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #6
Sad, but it's not working anymore.. the translation memory (sharing translations between projects) seems to be a premium feature now..  ::)
I've uploaded the german translations now, it's not a total drama but far more work than expected. :'(
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #7
Sigh...

I think in theory the tx client should be able to push translations as well, though I wasn't able to make it work... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #8
I *think* I got it!

I was able to upload them, but the issue is that if there is any string in the translation file, the string is considered translated even if in English, so the result is pretty crappy, because everything is marked as translated even though it is not. :-\

See https://www.transifex.com/elkarte/elk-testing/translate/#pt/adminenglishphp/123411608
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #9
..so the result is pretty crappy, because everything is marked as translated even though it is not. :-\
Yep, that's what I discovered via file upload / browser , too.. We can't push all files, only fully translated or we'll get crap..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

 

Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #11
Okay, I guess we can have a little script that goes through all the keys in a file, take only the translated and save them in another file.
To get that we can just compare the 1.0 translations with the 1.0 English files.
it shouldn't be too difficult... I think.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.


Re: 1.1 at transifex

Reply #13
Haven't finish the translation for quite sometimes. Will try to spare times for it later.