Skip to main content
Topic: [1.1.5] Generates invalid Sphinx Search configuration (Read 500 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

[1.1.5] Generates invalid Sphinx Search configuration

As of version 1.1.5, Sphinx search has stopped working, and attempting to generate a configuration produces an invalid configuration file.

Code: [Select]
ERROR: named section: expected name, got '/' in /etc/sphinx/sphinx.conf line 1

I see it's using full Unix pathnames as section names now, for some reason.

E: Ah, it appears to default the search index prefix to "/var/lib/sphinx", and doesn't save it if I change it to something else.

Re: [1.1.5] Generates invalid Sphinx Search configuration

Reply #1
Likely something I did ... our the new settings class, or both.

I know I tweaked the default Sphinx config as the valid config values change with every Sphinx release so I tried to keep it somewhat "current".  The default config is a starting point and can always be tweaked as needed by a site.  Anyway glad you have it sorted, I'll take a look and see whats up as well,
Squish squish. squish, squish, squish.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.