Skip to main content
Topic: Testing 1.1.6 (Read 1856 times) previous topic - next topic

Testing 1.1.6

Hi all!

I prepared the patch for 1.1.6, as usual, I'd like to ask for your help in testing it.
Tests needed: install/uninstall on a clean env.
Likely there is something broken, so... use it only if you are somehow confident in what you are doing.
Hopefully it will install fine (I think I remembered all the pieces to tweak, but who knows), worst case you'll get some errors already during install.
Please report them. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Testing 1.1.6

Reply #1
Seems to be a couple of issues with the package, looks like its has some duplicate 1.1.5 changes which of course give the test error. 

I've made some adjustments and attached a new file.  I have NOT yet done the file compare after running this on 1.1.5  to make sure it matches the 1.1.6  repo to make sure nothing was missed.
Squish squish. squish, squish, squish.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #2
I did a diff on that patch and whats in the patch_1-1-6 branch and they seemed to match, so I think its correct.  Need feedback from others if it works for them and any errors encountered.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #3
Thank you for supporting Elkarte!
I just upload the package published by Spuds on a test forum and install it without errors. I don't have much free time and did not tested well, but is something that I should check with this update?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4
Mainly just testing that it installs correctly ,,, you know the drill with different server configs, sometimes things go a bit sideways.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #5
Here it is the latest package.
Application produces a perfectly identical install as a brand new 1.1.6 so it should be fine.

I'll push it to github tomorrow evening... today I have to go bed.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6
"perfectly identical" now that is the Awesome Sauce !
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Reply #7
Just install it on a test forum and switched to PHP 7.3, no errors in elk log until now. ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9
so when it be released officially? or should install that attached patch?

Reply #10
I'll wait for the official patch 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11
Should it need more testing and feedback to fix the issue. If so I will download and test it.

Reply #12
The more testing the better.
I know what I have tested and you will get as much. If there are problems that I did not find, then that will require to be fixed later.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.