Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0 beta 1 released (Read 18070 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte 1.0 beta 1 released

Reply #30

Quote from: emanuele – Okay, I postponed a bit the tentative release date for beta 2 to the 19th, it was already past by three days and we had some big changes (the new variant :P) and still a couple of bugs open.

Any update on this ? I would like to give it a try. :)

Reply #31

We continue to be painfully close to getting B2 out, I thought it might make it today but we had some testing left to do, plus plus I made a bit of a boo boo :D in using a php 5.3 function when we are supporting back to 5.1 for the initial release. 

I'd expect and "official" B2 in the next few days but what is in github right now is it AFAIK as of right now.  There is a bit of a discussion on whats different in B2 from B1 here http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=844 although we fixed and updated more than that list show, or it sure feels like it !

Reply #32

QuoteThe system requirements are PHP(5.1+) and a database engine, both MySQL and PostgreSQL are supported.

change on php 5.4
all normal hosting that I have seen, there is support for changing php version
Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:13:55 am by Inter
Sorry for my English

Reply #33

Thanks @Spuds . I downloaded the Github zip file yesterday. Thought of installing it in WAMP. But since official beta 2 is coming soon, will wait for it.

Reply #34

Quote from: Inter – change on php 5.4
all normal hosting that I have seen, there is support for changing php version
Even though I discovered yesterday on one host I'm able to go up to php 5.5, on another one I'm using I'm currently stick to 5.3 and I cannot change it. It's an Italian rather cheap host, though I can imagine there are "few" around in that same conditions. 5.3 could be a possible version in the "close future", but 5.4 looks like a "in a couple of years" thing to me (personal opinion).

Quote from: meetdilip – But since official beta 2 is coming soon, will wait for it.
Unless of unexpected events of very big magnitude, the idea is not to change anything in the database structure once released the first beta, and so any "upgrade" from any beta and the final version should just be a replacement of the files.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #35

That is really good. I would give the downloaded zip file a try. Thanks for explaining :)