Skip to main content
Topic: Problem with admin access (Read 8098 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from ElkArte 1.0 beta 2 - know issues

Problem with admin access

Is there anyway to manually change the password for admin?

After I updated the forum to beta2, I can login the admin account just fine but not to administration centre.

Re: Problem with admin access

Reply #1

This helped me with that password change:
1) Run upgrade.php, this is nessecearry due to the password size
2) use another browser or alternatively clear the browsers chache and cookies.

This should help you to reset an admin account. First thing you need to to; enable the password conversion, via phpMyadmin :

Code: [Select]
REPLACE INTO elkarte_settings (
[icode]variable[/icode] ,
[icode]value[/icode]
)
VALUES (
'enable_password_conversion',  '1'
);

Then you can reset the admin password to a cleartext password, again via phpMyAdmin:
 (mypassword is your new password, myadmin_name needs to be replaced with your admin login name)
Code: [Select]
UPDATE elkarte_members SET passwrd = 'mypassword,', password_salt ='' WHERE member_name = 'myadim_name';
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Where is this upgrade.php? I search it in the elkarte beta2 folder and cannot found it. Is this an external tool?
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #3

the files are part of the DEV packages (direct download from Github)..

TE thinks we need an upgrade packages as well..
I've attached the neccessary files.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #4

I think that you can just logout and login again... I think!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – I think that you can just logout and login again... I think!
IIRC the passwrd column was varchar(32) before the password change and needs to be varchar(64)..
Or am I wrong?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – I think that you can just logout and login again... I think!
already tried that before posting the problem. will try the upgrade.php file now.

edit:
upgrade script stopped at aim field and cannot continue,

Reply #7

ah damn, that's a bug..
Try this one please, should work..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #8

I already followed to run upgrade.php, then enable password conversion and manually change the password. but it still not let me enter the administration centre, but I can login to my admin account normally just fine.

Reply #9

That's the browser caching issue I ran into a couple of days ago.. Clearing the browser's cache should solve it.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #10

I already tried using Mozilla Firefox (my default browser), Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, clearing my cache (but I never use Internet Explorer to visit my forum) and still cannot enter the administration centre.

any suggestions?

Reply #11

have you tried what emanuele suggested?.. completely log out and then log in again,  it should delete the cookie and regenerate it.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #12

done relogging multiple times on all browsers :( actually that is the first thing I do when I cannot enter the administration center, I remembered this when reading whoever (Spuds?) said it before when talking about password change for beta2 in the past.

Maybe I should try another computer tomorrow.

side note: Like is still not active even when enabled (well I can't check it while administration is off limit), this I reported before at beta1. Maybe problem in migration from smf2 to elkarte.

Reply #13

Quote from: kucing – side note: Like is still not active even when enabled (well I can't check it while administration is off limit), this I reported before at beta1. Maybe problem in migration from smf2 to elkarte.

I think not. I migrated a SMF 2.0.7 into Beta 2 (exactly it was a Beta 1 which was updated into a Beta 2 bei @TE  in the second step) and "likes" are working perfectly. So it seems not to be a general problem.

Reply #14

About Likes, I don't know what the problem is. If there any difference is I converted from SMF 2.0.6 to ElkArte Beta 1, there is no mods installed at my forum at all.

Maybe I should try to reinstall ElkArte from scratch and import the database.