Skip to main content
Topic: [1.1.5] Generates invalid Sphinx Search configuration (Read 705 times) previous topic - next topic
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

[1.1.5] Generates invalid Sphinx Search configuration

As of version 1.1.5, Sphinx search has stopped working, and attempting to generate a configuration produces an invalid configuration file.

Code: [Select]
ERROR: named section: expected name, got '/' in /etc/sphinx/sphinx.conf line 1

I see it's using full Unix pathnames as section names now, for some reason.

E: Ah, it appears to default the search index prefix to "/var/lib/sphinx", and doesn't save it if I change it to something else.

 

Re: [1.1.5] Generates invalid Sphinx Search configuration

Reply #1
Likely something I did ... our the new settings class, or both.

I know I tweaked the default Sphinx config as the valid config values change with every Sphinx release so I tried to keep it somewhat "current".  The default config is a starting point and can always be tweaked as needed by a site.  Anyway glad you have it sorted, I'll take a look and see whats up as well,
Squish squish. squish, squish, squish.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.

Re: [1.1.5] Generates invalid Sphinx Search configuration

Reply #2
Looks like that was a template error, it was showing the index_data path in the index_prefix field.

I also tweaked the behavior a bit.  It used to be that if you change the form fields and hit create index, it would use the old values ... the create config would not use the new values until you hit save.   I feel that was a bit confusing so made it save the form values as part of the create config.
Squish squish. squish, squish, squish.
Find a bug,
Make a wish.