First ... l I ran out of gas, I had a flat tire, I did not have enough money for cab fare, my tux did not come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town, someone stole my car, there was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts, ... It was not my fault!
1) My NAS was running out of space and I needed to change out the disks with larger ones. My old ZFS array was done with (ashift 9) for 512k and the new (old) drives I purchased were 4k drives (ashift 12). Originally I was going to update the array drive by drive, rebuild, expand ... slow by no down time. However there is no way to move a 512k to 4k pool "doing it that way". So instead I created a new pool (read drives stacked on my desktop, wired back to the controller) and then did zfs send | zfs recv followed by zfs export | zfs import.
--> TLDR: the NAS was offline for a bit I did get a smoking deal on the SAS drives via Ebay, less then a year old, low low hours.
2) NAS back on line, I decided I no longer wanted to run the docker ZFS storage driver, for me it was just messy. I moved it back "standard" and only leave the volumes on my ZFS array. When using ZFS storage it creates container file system layers as ZFS datasets, many many many datasets, which makes normal server management ugly IMO.
--> TLDR: A bit more down time as I use docker containers for all my Dev work and the change was not without problems.
3) Leaves, lots and lots of leaves, oak, maple, poplar, hickory .... now all mulched and waiting for springs garden.
--> TLDR: Leaf-ageddon .. Leaf-naddo
4) New laptop ... I do a majority of my work on a laptop and the previous one was not a favorite of mine (read the product line had been severely discontented. The previous version was nice, by they maximized profit over a decent product on the one I had. Now the new laptop is flat out awesome.
When I set it up I decided to rebuild it from scratch vs clone old to new (to much clone baggage) That took a few days to get everything installed, updated, licensing transferred, settings, etc etc ... Got it all working great, oh whats that a driver update for the display, I must have this .. bricked the OS, recovery failed, ZOMG .... Finally had to start off all over again, still not done LOL
--> TLDR: Don't do display driver updates from Intel or great pain awaits you !
--> TLDR: Family, still recovering
6) Hey what is that truck doing on my street ... installing fiber you say I'm currently on 50/50 balanced Starlink / ATT wireless, expensive yes, but the only way to get passable speeds out here in the 'sticks'. The new Fiber will be 1Gb up and down, sweet. But my current gateway only supports 1Gb total, not 1Gb each direction. So I need to upgrade that gateway! Yup, a few more days down while I replaced the gateway, and hey since the new laptop is wifi 6, update the access point(s) as well. Sold the old (7 year old) equipment on Ebay. I will say I tripled my WIFI speed going to the NAS for big files.
--> TLDR: New infrastructure destroys lawns !
So basically all my free time for Dev FOSS has been consumed by the above. Its going to take me a while to catch up here and elsewhere ... Sorry !